Over the last few weeks I’ve been in a bit of a personal crisis (hence why no blogging). Come to find out that it was Mercury Retrograde…. FIGURES! For those of you not familiar, Mercury Retrograde happens 3 to 4 times a year and it’s a time of chaos for most of us. Here’s the brief definition:
Because Mercury rules communication, clear thinking, truth and travel, when the planet goes retrograde — which means that it looks like it’s going backwards in the sky — all those things go backward. They start to get ugly and tangle up. ………….Learn more about it here.
Good lord, yes.
I’ve been off my diet wagon, off my life wagon, off all the wagons that make sense in life. It’s been a mess, so I’m happy that TODAY is Mercury Direct! The day after the retrograde cycle where we can clear up those issues that cropped up during retrograde and get our shit back together.
So, what did I mess up over the last few weeks (April 28th – May 21st)? You don’t even wanna know. But here’s what I’m doing to fix it.
- GETTING BACK TO EATING WELL – Guys, I gained a solid 10lbs (more or less, probably more) since my post from Michelle and Tom’s wedding weekend. That has got to stop now. I’ve got to start taking care of myself again… I hate the way I feel when I’m eating crap and not exercising. It’s time to get myself back under control.
- GETTING A HOBBY – I’ve realized over the last few weeks that there are very few things I do for ME that make ME feel special and valued. I’ve got to change that. I’ve been going full-throttle for the last few years with the kid, work, school, and everything else that I haven’t taken time to stop and do things I love to do.
- Speaking of full throttle, I’ve GOT TO SPEND MORE TIME OUT IN THE WORLD AS AN ADULT. I love being a mom, but I’ve realized it has caused me to resent the things I should treasure (not my kid, but the ability to work from home comes to mind). I need to get out more and be in the world, or I’m going to lose my effing marbles.
- FIGURE OUT MY LIFE – This is a big one. What’s the plan?! What am I working toward in my life, my career …what are my long-term goals? I’ve been thinking a lot about what has happened and how my life has gotten to this point, and if I have any regrets or wish things turned out another way. Now that I’m here, what am I going to do about the things I’ve been unhappy with?
- Finally (since you always need a #5 — you can’t have a 4-item list! Blasphemy!) REBUILDING AND MAINTAINING MY PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS. One of the best things about Michelle and Tom’s wedding was getting to reconnect with my friend Michelle, and meeting/getting to know so many nice people that they are friends with. It made me realize how much I miss having friends! My cousin Jenny, my big Annemarie, my sister Katie, my Europe friends (Jean, Amelia, Amanda), and several other relationships I value have fallen through the figurative cracks as things have changed in my life over the last few years. I’ve got to get those back and invest more time in my life outside of the four walls of my house. I miss my friends and want to have those relationships back.
Did anyone else have any weirdness happen over the last few weeks? Now that things are getting back to normal, what are you going to do now that the dust has settled??
I don’t know about you all, but I’m glad to be back to blogging. I’ve missed putting my thoughts on the page and connecting with you all. Hope it’s been a good few weeks for you! ❤