One of the most popular dishes in my house is flank steak. I hadn’t ever really made it before I started paleo, but it quickly became a staple for us! I always marinate the steak for ~24 hours before I put it under the broiler, but with the great weather finally here, I’m going to see if I can convince Mark to fire up the grill instead!
Here’s the marinade I always use, but I switch it up a bit. See my changes below.
- 3⁄4 cup oil … I use olive oil
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce … I love the Lea & Perrins kind
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce … today I used the full-salt version, but usually I try to get the reduced sodium one.
- 1⁄4cup red wine vinegar … ugh, never! I always use balsamic. Today, though, I was out of regular balsamic so I decided to spice it up with POMEGRANATE balsamic! Whaaaat!? (I hope this turns out okay lol)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced …I used 1 tsp of granulated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice …I used 1 whole lemon
- 1 teaspoon parsley …I used dried
The best thing about flank steak is how versatile it is. A lot of people top salads with it, or just eat it plain with veggies. The best way to serve it, though, is a little on the medium side in paper-thin slices that fall apart when you chew. I always use a big chef’s knife and pray that I don’t slice off my fingers during the process. 🙂
I’ll update this with some finished pictures after it’s done!